Assume a bridge falls down, or an airplane crashes because of miscalculations in the engineering. Also assuming it was an honest mistake, is it fair to blame the engineer(s) who made the errors? Explain your answer.
Describe a major problem you think engineers will solve in the next 5 or 10 years?
- Why hasn’t this engineering problem be solved in the past?
- What barriers remain in order to solve this problem?
Open lesson as 09-20-2018 assignment on basic drafting.
Follow Solidworks Introduction [https://www.solidworks.com/sw/resources/solidworks-tutorials.htm] Explain what is meant by the phrase, “Solidworks is Parametric modeler.” Explain what is meant by each of the following terms. Give examples:
Open the Solidworks program on your desktop. Create a part
Which of the following design considerations should be most important to an engineer? Explain.
1. Innovation – something new or different
2. Efficiency – an inexpensive and easy to produce product
3. Client satisfaction – whoever pays you is happy with your work.