This SUPPLEMENTAL assignment is for ONLY the students who have more than one engineering class with this teacher.
Objectives: (1) To introduce students to the basic concepts of aviation, which will be illustrated through the construction of paper airplanes–This Alternate Lesson provides alternatives for deeper consideration by advanced students.
The 3 students on the team in the ALTERNATE track will do the same assignments as the other students with the following exceptions:
- The materials for the paper airplane, will be the following (all of which will be supplied by the teacher):
- 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch 60# CARDSTOCK paper;
- One 8″ length of transparent tape;
- One Penny;
- One paper clip.
- You may use or decline any of the additional materials.
- Alternate construction:
- You may cut the paper
- Any piece of cut off the paper may be either discarded, or incorporated into your design
- Alternate competition:
- You will not compete directly against other teams. Rather, you will see if your enhanced materials list will help you produce a superior paper airplane,