Objectives: (1) To introduce students to the basic concepts of aviation, which will be illustrated through the construction of paper airplanes; and (2) to help students learn to follow instructions in approaching assignments.
- Each team will designate a “pilot” (person who throws the paper airplane) and a “Secretary” (takes notes) for testing purposes.
- Teams will use the “Test Flight Worksheet” (See Example) provided by the teacher:
- Teams will present a completed form to be initialed by the teacher before testing.
- One form per team.
- Write the name of each test plane somewhere on the plane itself.
- Each paper Airplane may be tested a maximum of 3 throws.
- Only test airplanes on color paper provided by the teacher may be used.
- Make notes AFTER the test on the Test Flight Worksheet — use the “performance” and “other” boxes.”
- All five (5) test planes must be initialed and tested for the team members to receive credit on this assignment.
- Be polite.